Thanks for the comments Paul... in fact this application is timeline
independent, I am using flash for 2 purposes, 1 to add items to the library
and 2 to compile the movie. The reason why I couldnt go the Flex route is
because first I dont know Flex enough to develop something like this in
there and second the app is very eye candy. Sorry I can share more info or
show some screen shots but its one of those things that you cant discuss
openly until is out.. thanks again...

On 1/19/08, Paul Andrews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, it sounds as though each of these elements should be on separate
> movie
> clips each with elements attached. Extract as much functionality into
> separate classes and put as little actionscript onto the timeline as you
> can. You can switch between the main elements by hopping to different
> frames
> on the timeline. Try and look at a few Flash application examples,
> particularly flash frameworks (just google flash frameworks) that will
> help
> structure your code if you follow them.
>
> It also sounds like an application rather than a game or eye candy. I know
> this is a flash list, but Flex is better suited to this kind of
> development.
>
> Paul

...helmut