Hi Matt,

Like the analogies :)
What tweening engine are you using?
If its your engine, there is a good speed comparison here:
http://blog.greensock.com/tweening-speed-test/

If so, just change to a different engine, not every car is build to move boulders ;)

Sid

On Mar 21, 2008, at 2:57 PM, Matt S. wrote:

Hi,
so this is a very odd problem, but I'm tweening an extremely large
vector file (about 4000x4000px), using the Fuse tween classes. Its
basically your standard "slide across the surface of a massive object
from point to point" effect, nothing fancy. But I'm having a bear of a
time getting it to animate smoothly. In particular, as it eases into
and out of tweens, I'm getting a weird jittering of the MC, so that it
stutters to a stop, like a car with bad brakes. The tweens themselves
are nothin fancy (see below). It seems like the problem started when I
added _rotation to the the mix. The file is vector, imported from AI.

is anyone familiar with this problem? Any recommendations for handling
this sort of basic (or so I thought) effect?

thanks,

.m

function slideToPos(){
        var xPos = posArray[active][0];
        var yPos = posArray[active][1];
        var rPos = posArray[active][2];
        active++;

        mainpanel_mc.tween("_x",xPos,2,"easeInOutSine");
        mainpanel_mc.tween("_y",yPos,2.5,"easeInOutSine");
mainpanel_mc.tween("_rotation",rPos, 2.5,"easeInOutSine",null,"slideToPos2()");