I think that's what happens in Flash too (including older versions of Flash...) with timeline tweens, etc...

If your character is over a solid background, you could tween the Tint rather than the alpha. Again, in AS2, this less resource hungry than alpha tweens, so a nice workaround.

Andrew Sinning wrote:
Our artist made an animated character by over-lapping different body parts. Strange thing, when I fade out the character using an alpha-tween of the outer-most clip, I can see the overlapping parts at the joints. It's like the alpha is affecting the individual parts within the movieClip rather than being applied to the composite movieClip. This is in AS2, and I just use the mx.transitions Tween class. I guess to cacheAsBitmap before doing the tween, but shouldn't alpha be applied to a composited clip by definition? I can't think of any reason why you would ever want an alpha effect to apply to the individual parts within a movie clip. I mean, if I wanted that effect I would set the alphas of the individual parts, right?

Thanks.

Glen Pike
01736 759321
www.glenpike.co.uk <http://www.glenpike.co.uk>