the problem with most explanations about event bubbling is that it
concentrates on the displaylist (understandable), i'd like to see an example
of custom events being bubbled. Though Steven's probably right, playing with
it helps alot.

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Allandt Bik-Elliott (Receptacle) <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> thanks Jiri
>
> i've just got the design patterns book so i'll be digging into that
> at some point in the near future

> On 1 Apr 2008, at 10:40, Jiri Heitlager wrote:
>
> > I think the best way to learn about Event Bubbling is understanding
> > the Composite desing pattern. This is the pattern the DisplayList
> > is implementing and bubbling will make much more sense when you
> > understand the workings of the Composite Pattern. At least it did
> > for me.
> >
> > Jiri
> >
> > Steven Sacks wrote:
> >> IMO, explaining Event Bubbling as the reason the TextField is the
> >> target is complicating the immediate solution he needs, which is
> >> mouseChildren = false.
> >> Yes, it's Event Bubbling that's causing the target to be the
> >> TextField.  To understand Event Bubbling, read about it in the
> >> docs, or better yet, in a book (like Moock's).  But, then you MUST
> >> do it yourself to learn how it works.  If you don't play with it
> >> yourself, you will never "get it" no matter how much somebody
> >> explains it to you.  I'm fully convinced of that.  You gotta mess
> >> around with it to fully understand why it's so amazingly awesome.

M.A. van't Kruis
http://www.malatze.nl/