Ok folks,
After some trials I realized that the thing works only if dispatched by a
MouseEvent as in
public function Main():void
{
var S:Sprite = new Sprite();
S.graphics.beginFill(0xFFff33, 1);
S.graphics.drawRect(20, 20, 100, 150);
S.graphics.endFill();
addChild(S);
S.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, C);

}
private function C(e:MouseEvent):void {
   e.currentTarget.rotationX = 20;
}

But Why?

I also tried to use an ENTER_FRAME event but invain. It Only works with
MouseEvent which is weird.

What is going on?