If you are using a cracked out language like VB, they might be marginally
useful in weird circumstances that are, in my opinion, probably poor
programming choices in the first place.

They serve little purpose in general, and even less in actionscript.

This strikes me as the typical gratiutous bashing of some product just
because it's made by MS. But perhaps you could elaborate a bit more on the
idea...

Cheers
Juan Pablo Califano