@strk:

I should try
var func:String = "register";
Object[func](args);

instead of
Object.registerClass(args);

to see, if an all code based attempt is working without having the
compiler do EXPORT tags.

I have attached a test situation build in current FlashDevelop on
WinXP as AS2 project.
Let us know, how it goes.

btw. what is your realname and what is your motivation working on
gnash? What else do you do?

@Peter:
nice to read you! You've been a motivation to play with AS2 for a long
time for me.

Matthias