Have your received my email with the Test SWF?

> What's an RSL ?
Remote Shared Library.

Imagine Main.swf loading Sub.swf.
Sub.swf consists of Library Symbol exported for AS and for "runtime sharing"!
Then in Main.swf Symbols from Sub.swf can be attached as if they were
directly in Main.swf.

Symbols from Main.swf can always be attached to Sub.swf or its childs
(without being exported for runtime sharing).

> I'm not sure that the movie *is* working.
> I mean, could as well be that the attachMovie with unexistent
> symbols are just garbage in the SWF, or hooks for the case in
> which the movie is loaded by another one, which contain the syms,
> but optional.
As long as you work with third party SWF files, we can only make
speculations about its content and how it was coded. You should work
with SWF files, where the source is available.

> Is the sym library of a 'loader' movie supposed to be available
> to 'loaded' movies for use ?
yes, see above

but the sym library of a "loadED" movie is only available to the
"loadER" movie, when exported for runtime sharing (RSL).

hth,
Matthias