If you look at the Adobe-published Flash Player penetration rate, the
difference between Flash Player 7 and Flash Player 8 probably isn't
statistically significant. .03 %?

http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/flashplayer/version_penetration.html

Granted, this is Adobe published despite references listed at the bottom,
and government agencies may be behind the curve {insert joke}
-jonathan

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Lord, Susan, CTR, DSS <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The client is convinced that the Flash 9 has not permeated government
> systems yet.  My point of view is how will we ever move forward unless
> we put the requirement out there? He does not want to force our students
> to upgrade their plug-ins, with as difficult it is to get technical
> support in the government (users have no control over their systems and
> there is a long approval process to get new software, even plug-ins
> approved).
>
> What are some good arguments for upgrading?  I need to be able to
> convince him that this is the way to go!
>
> Any words of wisdom you could provide would be very much appreciated!
>
> Thank you!
> Susan

-jonathan howe :: 404.434.2321 :: 180 High St Apt 26 Portland, ME 04101