On a productivity basis, I totally agree with you. Flex made Flash take off. Working with Flash and teams was some hard task.

Now .... I am all on my own, reinventing the wheel, and I feel happy and confident with this, no team, no versionning, even no components.

I am nearing the end of a gallery application developpment. I don't know how it would have been possible to make the app look as it is with Flex ....but I know it would have taken twice less time, AND overall look and feel would have been cut by two (I did some serious integration there).
When things are working, I do prefer personnality over technicity.

Reusability ? yes, and no. I reuse my brain, that's it. ... and, of course, parts of my code :)

but I am a Flex virgin (let's say so), so this message is personal, of no help, and no consequence....