To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 5:31 PM
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] OT: Internet Explorer 8

Is it fair of client to ask me test for IE8 when it isn't officially released
yet?

No. There are any number of bugs that could be in pre-release versions. Plus, your contract with the client should have explicitly stated the browser vendor and version(s) you would build for. They can't expect you to forever be forward compatible. I would push back. And as a side note, ask if the IE8 person has the right Flash player version installed.

Jason Merrill