Very interesting.
Thank you.

Karl

Sent from losPhone

On Apr 19, 2009, at 11:52 AM, Anthony Pace <anthony.p...@utoronto.ca> wrote:

It just popped into my head that that we did not give you every option. I figured, that although following the tips to increase the frame rate is a good idea, you could have an fps counter in your code try to maintain at a solid 24 fps lapse time; yet, if it dips lower or goes higher, you could redraw less or more, respectively, of the frames as long as you know the position your objects are supposed to be in at a given time.

In your case your animations are on the timeline, so you could tell it to skip to a frame; as well, I know there used to be a trick about putting a blank sound file on the time line and when I googled it, this is all I came up with:

"You may need to put a fake *sound* (*blank*, silent mp3 *file*) of the same duration as your video on the *timeline* with your animated mask to get it to play in sync. Create an mp3 *file* of the proper duration or longer (it won't matter if it's longer as long as you don't loop your animation) and save it to as small a *file* as you can (you will need to keep it at 44.1kHz sample *rate*, but you can make it 2-4 or 8 bit mono depending on your audio app's abilities). Place this *file* in your library and then create a *blank* layer and in the properties panel for that layer, select the mp3 *file* and set it to "stream" rather than "event" This will force your *timeline* animation to keep up with the audio *file* at the frame rate of your movie."

Karl DeSaulniers wrote:
Perfect thank you...

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm