From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Merrill,
Jason
Sent: 20 April 2009 16:34
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Accessibility of a flash game

>>asked by the client to ensure "The game
>>should meet all international accessibility requirements"

"International Accessibility Requirements" - never heard of those,
though I do not doubt they exist. I have heard of ADA and section 508
requirements in the U.S.  Can you get more clarification on that?
International accessibility could mean a lot of things, including
language translation.  Usually accessibility here in the U.S. means
providing alt text for visuals (photos, video), sound for speech,
keyboard navigation, careful use of color to convey information, etc.
etc.

Jason Merrill

Bank of  America   Global Learning
Shared Services Solutions Development

Monthly meetings on the Adobe Flash platform for rich media experiences
- join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community