Hi,

I stumbled on this thread and kind of need to do the same thing.
I have an area where a number of persons should be walking around randomly.

I was thinking about something like this:
* each person gets 4 flv's: (or 2 if i mirror them): turn right, walk right,
turn left, walk left
* all the flv's get preloaded
* a player class plays 'walk right' for x times, then 'turn left', 'walk
left' for y times (x & y are random), 'turn right' and repeat

Is this feasible? Can I put 6 video objects on stage without any problems?
And concerning the preloading, I was thinking about simply setting
bufferTime to a very high value or is that naive?
Is preloading all the flv's in the cache and keeping the bufferTime as
normal a better option?
What happens if the user has disabled his/her browser cache?

Another option would be to load the walk cycles as still images, not sure
what the better option, your opinion is appreciated:)

regards
JC