Hi,

computeSpectrum will only do small chunks at a time - it might not give you the "spectrum" from the whole wave form.

If you are trying to do Voice Recognition, you will need some serious computing power and ActionScript may, or may not be too slow to handle this. It certainly won't work in realtime so don't expect miracles with the AVM.

Speech recognition may use FFT's to help match up parts of the sound to pre-recorded samples, but that's as far as my knowledge goes.

Your best bet is to look at places like http://www.voxforge.org/ and google for speech recognition, etc.

Depending on your RIA, you could always find a way of cheating possibly... ...e.g. find a speech-to-text engine and write a small application that "pipes" the output into Flash, etc.

   Glen

johnny lee wrote:
Hi Allandt, Thanks for the article link. I read through and pls correct me
if I'm wrong: You can take a snapshot of an audio file with the
computeSpectrum() method and place that data in a ByteArray object, is this
right? So, now my question is, can you take snapshots of two audio files and
compare their ByteArray objects, and then perform an action based on the
comparison? Like, the ByteArray objects match up 90% then trigger this
event.

Muchos gracias, juju

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Allandt Bik-Elliott (Receptacle) <