100% Win XP Prof (Waiting for 7 to be shipped), CS4 & FlashDevelop

We use a mac to test websites and air applications thats about it!

SJM

Allandt Bik-Elliott (Receptacle) wrote:
i'd completely understand if nobody wanted to touch this one but i thought i'd throw it out there

a bit of background: I've been developing on mac for 7 or 8 years, the first 5 were as an enthusiastic amateur but more recently i've gone full time flash developing. As time has progressed, i've started to use more tools to help with coding, I've tried FDT on Eclipse for mac which i found (at the time) to be overpriced, overfinicky, flaky and unreliable (i realise that with the release of the standalone FDT package the flakiness is something that has been rectified) and flexbuilder just doesn't have any of the text manipulation tools that a good coding IDE should imo (duplicating / transposing lines of code shouldn't require a mouse) so i've settled for using FlashDevelop (which i LOVE) with Parallels as a vm to run it.

This setup has kept me going for a while but it's not without it's problems: the keyboard changes from my mac-based Flash IDE to the pc-based FlashDevelop IDE has been a headache, I have 3 sources of program failures as opposed to 2 (Flash, FlashDevelop AND Parallels) which, while they don't account for a lot of my day, are usually pretty savage when they do occur. However, as I've been using a pc at work, I've really started to seriously consider simply buying a pc on my next round of hardware spend (end of this year, beginning of next) and be done with it. The mac will always be at the center of my home media but this is for my take along, work machine.

So the question I'm really getting to is, how many people use osX (using windows in boot camp doesn't count) and how many are using windows for their main work machine and what kind of software setup are you using?

thanks for your time guys
Allandt