FlexBuilder absolutely does NOT do auto-completion of class, instance and local vars (FD also does function names, etc.). I've never seen FDT do it, either, but that link obviously makes it clear that it is possible (though completely undocumented, not to mention that field doesn't look like it will accept 28 characters). It also says AS2, but does that work for AS3? Why on earth isn't this the default behavior?

FDT costs hundreds of dollars, FlashDevelop is free. If you're on Mac, I guess it's the best choice available.

Also, FDT is 100% project based. You can't just drag and drop an .as file on to it like you can with FlashDevelop (unless you already have one open). Plus, you don't get ANY auto-completion if the file isn't part of your project.

Does FDT have a clone-file feature?