Try:

public function myLeftHand(e:Event=null):void {
        //
}

The myLeftHand method is being called when an event fires, so the event
must be passed in as a method parameter. "Event=null" allows the event
to be optional - so you could also call it without dispatching an event.

Whomever told you to use enterframe to have something happen on frame 20
made a mistake. It's a valid way to get it working, I personally think
an enterframe loop is a waste of resource for that case and, more
importantly, I just don't think you're there yet. Go back to putting an
action on the timeline at frame 20.

Barry.