Greg Ligierko wrote:
I am not much into this topic, but ...
you do not have to drag Library instance to the stage to get into its
timeline. If you mark the item (e.g. mcHand) in the library and press
right mouse button, there is "Edit" (the same if you doubleclick the
item).
As soon as you are in the "edit mode" of the library item, then the
only timeline you can see is an "internal" timeline of this item (it
is not the main timeline). You can select the first frame, press F9
(or actions) and add this.stop().

But... I don't think adding code to timeline is a good idea. I would
rather try to stop the looping tween here:

       public function rightHand():void
       {
              var mcHandInstance1:mcHand = new mcHand();
              addChild(mcHandInstance1);
              mcHandInstance1.x = 400;
              mcHandInstance1.y = 200;

              mcHandInstance1.stop(); // <--- here
       }
I understand where you are coming from, but, if my understanding of the problem is correct, this won't solve benos problem.

He needs the stop() at frame 20 of the mcHand timeline - your suggested code does not achieve this.

Generally I try and put code where it is appropriate. Where I have MovieClips with animation on the timeline, stop() actions are required to get the timeline to behave as required - in this case not to loop.

Paul.

As I mentioned, I not into this topic, so I may be completely wrong.