From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Gustavo
Duenas
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 4:14 PM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] making a repeating effect

I've downloaded thanks
on other matters, when you say using a timer, you mean something like
this ( I've have this from a tutorial, mixing with my idea);

something like this?

import flash.utils.*;

var timer:Timer = new Timer(5000);

timer.addEventListener("timer",TimedFunction);

timer.start();

function timedFuntion(e:TimerEvent):void{
  var heart:MovieClip = new Heart();
heart.x = Math.random * stage.stageWidth;
heart.y = Math.random * stage.stageHeight;

}

the question is , how can I stop this?

Gus