Thanks Colin,

My library is not a .swc  - it's a work-in-progress and other coders
contribute to it, though I suppose I could try and compile as .swc and
try that.  The third party classes are things like Papervision and
TweenLite - they aren't going to offer me up a .swc most likely :)  I
don't think they exist for those.  The problem would remain for the main
library .swc though with the third party libraries being imported into
some of those classes thought, right?

>>another option might be to explicitly list all your own classes in the

>>doc-classes, then set -exclude-dependencies to true.

I have tried various forms of adding -exclude-dependencies in
FlashDevelop's Actionscript Documentation Generator, but keep getting
this error:

Error: exclude-dependencies can not be used with doc-sources.

And honestly, I'm not even sure how to use that flag correctly (if
that's even the right flag at all).  I tried adding a class name right
after it but it couldn't find the class.  Searching online for an hour
has done no good.  The documentation really stinks for ASDoc and so does
the help system you can call with a -help flag.  But listing out all 50
or so classes - yeech!  :)

I'll try some of your examples out and report back - thanks so much for
your reply.

Anyone know of any documentation generators that play better with AS
libraries (and ideally, though not necessarily, work with FlashDevelop)?
I've had the AS3 adapter for ZenDocs and NaturalDocs suggested to me
from someone on Flexcoders but haven't had time to try those out yet.

Jason Merrill

Bank of  America  Global Learning
Learning & Performance Solutions

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community  and visit our
Instructional Technology Design Blog
(note: these are for Bank of America employees only)