ActionScript and javascript are both from the ECMAScript family as said
Glen, aint it what you read Karl ? They both share a lot in common, but that
2 different languages. I never saw any kind of native interpretation of
javascript in actionscript, nor vice versa.
Both language can communicate with each other via externalinterface tho.

mika