On 27/07/2010 11:09, Tom Gooding wrote:
Has anyone else found this transition a bit painful and/or have any suggestions
as to how to improve productivity with it. Maybe... does anyone know if it's
possible to rig the CS3 IDE (I am on Mac) to publish for FP10.
Yes, a little painful - unfortunately some bright spark decided we did not want to lay our properties panel out horizontally anymore. I find putting this to the LHS has helped a little, but it would be nice if Adobe could have done a "floating" type of layout for the properties - e.g. divide properties into sections and allow each "section" to float left so it can be laid out horizontally or vertically.

I do find there is not much stage space any more with having to have the properties panel sitting on the left the tools panel is pretty useless if you stack the properties in the same panel but I tend to have a project window open too, which fills up the space regardless. Because most of my work is code based rather than animation, I don't spend much time in the IDE, although I find authoring controls, and doing layout a chore in CS5 - hiding the timeline has helped a bit. I found Flash 8 / CS3 to be more easy for authoring, but then I had that nicely setup and I am still tweaking CS5. If I have to do any more heavily graphic oriented sites I might have to knuckle down...

At least they fixed the stacking issue where SWF's used to get stuck behind the panels if they were a high resolution and it does not crash like CS4 with projects, I am reasonably happy with it.

Maybe Adobe bought shares in some large computer company a while ago because we always need more real-estate, more memory and faster processors with each new upgrade of Flash ;) 2 monitors is useful, but wish I could have a setting where it always opens my "test movie" on the 2nd monitor without me having to move it :)