Hi, the air 2 package works with flex 3? someone knows that, because since I have a ppc with Cs4 I don't think I can have a transition to Cs5 yet.

gustavo
On Oct 12, 2010, at 2:04 PM, Kevin Newman wrote:

Optimizing for GPU is what helps most on iPhone - make sure every item on your display list is getting cached on the GPU (even ones you update, but minimize updates). Additionally, avoid addChild and removeChild (and the timeline, since it uses those a lot) - they are expensive - use visible property instead.

Maybe draw your background as a big shape, and set cacheAsBitmap, and cacheAsBitmapMatrix = new Matrix there as well. I'm not sure if that helps, but after I did that my app got faster (I don't do things as micro iteratively as I'd like, because the iPhone compile time is so horrendous - so I'm not always certain about which things helped or not - though I am sure that if I forget to set the GPU flags, it slows everything down, even if it's just the background display object).

8 objects should be no problem at all.

View the PDF here for more:
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/packagerforiphone/
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/packagerforiphone/packagerforiphone_devguide.pdf