>  I do think it'll get easier,

I sincerely HOPE, so since it takes 3 - 4 times longer now to do what I can
currently do with Flash.

> Well, you have a point - but once the basics are covered (video, audio, DOM,
> CSS3, and Canvas), and reasonably compatibly implemented between all the
> browsers (and the old browser finally having died off),

IE 6 was introduced August 2001 and is still the predominant corporate browser,
so when do you see old browsers dying off? Another decade?

> (IE 10 is looking good).

IE hasn't looked good (or worked well), SINCE 6 and has been the bane of most
web developers.

> We are a few years off though, for sure.

I couldn't agree more.

IMO,
John

John R. Sweeney Jr.