Hi Anastasia,

awesome idea!

> Software. What do people use and like? I am used to Google Meet, and
> don’t know much about other options.

Personally, I don't have that much preferences. For different reasons,
we (re-)evaluated [1] different solutions for the coreboot meeting
during the last months. These were Google Meet, BigBlueButton and
Jitsi. All of them had at least some minor issues, but Jitsi also had
major issues.

  * Google Meet: During the last months, it happened a few times that
    people weren't able to join the meeting. Also, the meeting
    shouldn't be created by a Googler, since Google made some policy
    changes (see meeting notes). It seems "free" Google Meet has some
    limits?

  * BigBlueButton: People complained about poor background noise
    filtering (you can still mute yourself), but beside that everything
    worked fine.

  * Jitsi: It seems, when people use different browsers, then audio
    and/or video break very randomly, which make it unusable. Many
    people on the internet have similar problems.

However, in general Google Meet and BigBlueButton are fine for me :)

I would use Google Docs for taking notes.

> Time is a tricky question, and it depends on who is going to attend
> the meeting. We can optimize either for EU-US or for EU-AU. I can say
> for sure, we have at least one person from AU who is going to attend
> ;) (that’s me).
> If it turns out that we have people all over the planet who want to
> attend, and there is no one time that suits all, then as a plan B we
> can alternate between two options. That will be time1 and time2
> alternating.

Germany here. This site gives a good overview about timezones
https://everytimezone.com

I suggest we collect some people and then we create a poll to get an
overview about which times work most for people.

// Felix

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NRXqXcLBp5pFkHiJbrLdv3Spqh1Hu086HYkKrgKjeDQ/edit#heading=h.8w4cqefboyma