I am just a lurker because I use flashrom to update my apu2 bios, so I
am not going to attend anyway (even if it were at a convenient time
EST).

However, if I were, then I would reject anything that requires a Google
account (or even worse, a facebook account), and also reject anything
that requires installing proprietary software.

I suggest looking at jitsi meet, and there are multiple public servers
for it besides meet.jit.si.  One is calyx.meet.net.  FSF associate
members can use the FSF instance.  It can be self-hosted pretty easily
if you have a GNU/Linux server.

I gather there is Big Blue Button too, but I have never tried to use it.