Using technology just because "it is there" is a hard thing to justify
under any circumstances, especially if the impact on your customers
(people viewing your site) is negative.

Flex offers nothing new to a site like this, and I personally believe
the use of Flash here really detracts from the apparent aim of the site.
The inability to bookmark pages, the painfully slow pre-loader,
inaccessibility, the impact on search engine placement... These are all
things usually important in what is effectively a brochure-ware site.

Flash is an exceptional tool for introducing attractive / rich &
interactive content; which is again missing from this site for the most.

While the site is okay design wise, it's nothing exceptional, and given
it is a Flash/Flex site, it seems a misuse of the technology IMO. Flex
is a fantastic tool for building Applications, but not for building
brochure sites.

I think everything on this site could have been achieved in a couple of
days work in XHTML, resulting with faster loading more accessible
content and no Flash what-so-ever.

If Flash is going to be used at all for web sites, it shouldn't be used
just to replace existing static sites with Flash based static sites.

Shell