From: flexcoding [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 April 2005 16:41
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Flex Cairngorm question

Hi Gurus,

Any response to the following questions about Cairngorm? Posting it
again in the forum because the original is burried deep inside.
Thanks for the help in advance...

Hello Guys,

I just started Flex development two months back and we are trying to
develop an enterprise level application. So we decided to use open
source Cairngorm Framework v 0.9 by Iteration Two. Though it lacks
ample documentation, we straightway found its benefits as it neatly
separates and organizes the mxml/action script code. Kudos to the
developers of this great framework. We found this to be very
benefitial for a big size application.

I have two questions releted to the Cairngorm framework for rich
internet apps:

Question 1. If we need to execute multiple delegate methods in
response to one user action, should we write a command action script
for each of the methods? Or can we just have one command
corresponding to each user action and invoke more than one delegate
method in the execute method of this single command? If we can do the
latter, is there a way to know in the onResult method that the
respons is coming from which delegate method's execution and take
appropriate action?

Question 2. In the Java business classes, we return POJOs. Do they
need to be converted to MXML Value Objects? We tried to directly pass
these pojos to the view helpers do display them in the application
and it seems to work perfectly. Are we doing something wrong or can
there be any design problems in doing that which I am not realizing
at the moment?

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit Chhabra.