Hi Alex, yes in MXML - since we have a debug toolbar that appears on
every view based on a flag, I wanted to put this visual component on
the base Application class along with common public vars etc. Public
vars etc work fine, but it seems as though you cannot put any visual
mxml components on the base class.

Shameless plug - if anyone knows you will :-) please please please
could you look at my params to callback renderer question? Am about to
resend rephrased in specific chart context. TIA, Mic.