I still stand by my original rant saying just use a component :)

<mx:Application>
  <funk:FunkAppTemplate>

    <!-- App controls -->

  </funk:FunkAppTemplate>
</mx:Application>

I'm a big fan of using composition over inheritance when possible. Don't
treat <mx:Application> as your application, think of it as your bootloader,
the host for your application. IMHO Your template should inherit from
Container, not Application :)

-Josh

--
"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

:: Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
:: 0437 221 380 :: [EMAIL PROTECTED]