I think it came across clearly in Matt's interview, but I'll just reiterate.
The Flex dudes are nice and don't like being the bad guys. I've gotten
contacted by Matt before for getting into a little trouble (I posted the
Flex SDK codebase into a SVN repo before it was officially an open source
project). I think the lawyers only get involved after a few "yo, that's not
really cool" type of emails. The other thing that was mentioned is that
they've been fairly lax with "Flex" (as opposed to being hardasses with
AIR). Matt mentioned that stuff like the flex show probably falls under the
"Adobe should do something" umbrella but that they haven't pursued the Flex
stuff at all. There are a ton of examples, FlexLib, Flex Box, etc etc. So
I'd say don't use AIR cause someone seems to get all riled up when it comes
to that trademark, but I haven't seen anyone fucked with for using the word
Flex.

And I'd also say don't look for any official adobe advice on this list other
than telling you to read the legalese.