I mostly just like messing with Doug :-)

That PDF should cover things :-)

On 8/3/08 7:14 PM, "Josh McDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for that Doug. It seems like I'm not going to have any troubles, which
is good to know :)

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Doug McCune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think it came across clearly in Matt's interview, but I'll just reiterate.
The Flex dudes are nice and don't like being the bad guys. I've gotten
contacted by Matt before for getting into a little trouble (I posted the Flex
SDK codebase into a SVN repo before it was officially an open source project).
I think the lawyers only get involved after a few "yo, that's not really cool"
type of emails. The other thing that was mentioned is that they've been fairly
lax with "Flex" (as opposed to being hardasses with AIR). Matt mentioned that
stuff like the flex show probably falls under the "Adobe should do something"
umbrella but that they haven't pursued the Flex stuff at all. There are a ton
of examples, FlexLib, Flex Box, etc etc. So I'd say don't use AIR cause someone
seems to get all riled up when it comes to that trademark, but I haven't seen
anyone fucked with for using the word Flex.

And I'd also say don't look for any official adobe advice on this list other
than telling you to read the legalese.