I can explain what is going on here: On some combinations of OS+browser, Flex
Builder
can "terminate" the app, and on others it can't.  For example:

- On both Windows and Mac, if you debug an AIR app, then when you click
Terminate, Flex
Builder can terminate the app.

- On Windows with Internet Explorer, Flex Builder can kill the iexplore.exe
process that it
had launched.  However, IIRC there are some edge cases where this doesn't work.

- On both Windows and Mac with Firefox, there is no reliable way to terminate
the app.
Killing firefox.exe doesn't work, because if Firefox had already been running
before you
launched your app, then the old instance of Firefox -- which probably also has
a bunch of
other tabs open -- will end up running the app, and it would be very uncool to
kill that
process.  And Firefox does not provide a way for me to just programmatically
close one
particular tab.

- On Mac with Safari, when you click Terminate, we use AppleScript to tell the
browser to
close the tab.

So that's why you see inconsistent behavior.

         - Mike Morearty, Flex Builder team