But then you have to write all the event creation and dispatch, plus
all the getter/setter.

That might be fair enough if you have a handful of props but if this
is a couple of data classes with says 100 props each thats quite a
bit of typing when all you want is a couple of props not to fire
events when they change... unless there is a tool to generate the
code from a list of variables.

Personally in some cases I use custom events and others I am ok with
the default handling, depends on what I am doing as to which is more
suited to the situation.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Nel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> >> Ah ok..
> >> I had thought the compiler generated a wrapper or sub class
behind
> >> the scenes when you used the bindable tag...
> >>
> >> Well ok learn something new eahc day...
> >> tks
> >>
> >> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Josh McDonald" <dznuts@>

> >> exactly the