reflexactions wrote:
> But then you have to write all the event creation and dispatch, plus
> all the getter/setter.
>
> That might be fair enough if you have a handful of props but if this
> is a couple of data classes with says 100 props each thats quite a
> bit of typing when all you want is a couple of props not to fire
> events when they change... unless there is a tool to generate the
> code from a list of variables.

There is; it's called Perl. Learn it, live it, love it. :)
Using Perl it's trivial to generate classes from a 'template' file. For
a little more effort you can generate all the boiler-plate code for
frameworks such as Cairngorm or Parsley or whatever you use. Java DTO
classes etc etc.
I do this for every project and it makes changing the Model
(adding/removing properties) trivial. Its also great for generating test
data. SQL inserts, xml files etc. etc.
Perl offers a great return for the effort required to learn it. Do
yourself a favour and give Perl a whirl.

cheers,
  - shaun