I have a problem in that clipContent seems to intermittently not clip
the content in a layer as I imagine it should.

The graphics in the layer are drawn using the graphics class and the
layer is inside another Canvas, eg

<mx:Canvas clipContent="true" id="containerLayer" bottom="0"
left="350" top="0" right="0" horizontalScrollPolicy="off"
verticalScrollPolicy="off" >
        <mx:Canvas id="dynamicLayer" clipContent="true" width="100%"
height="100%" horizontalScrollPolicy="off" verticalScrollPolicy="off" />
</mx:Canvas>

MOST of the time the content drawn in the nested canvas is clipped
correctly, but sometimes it spills over the content to the left of the
containing canvas.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this happens and how to prevent it?

TIA

Guy