Check out the help for AdvancedDataGridHeaderRenderer.  That's what the grid
is using by default.  It should show all the styles there.  The following
code worked as expected:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
  layout="vertical"

  <mx:Script>
    <![CDATA[
      import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
      [Bindable] private var d:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection([
        {value: 1, summaryRow:false},
        {value: 2, summaryRow:false},
        {value: 3, summaryRow:false},
        {value: 4, summaryRow:false},
        {value: 5, summaryRow:false},
        {value: 6, summaryRow:false},
        {value: 21, summaryRow:true}
      ]);
    ]]>
  </mx:Script>

  <mx:AdvancedDataGrid dataProvider="{d}" height="100%">
    <mx:columns>
      <mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn dataField="value" headerText="title">
        <mx:headerRenderer>
          <mx:Component>
            <mx:AdvancedDataGridHeaderRenderer horizontalAlign="right"/>
          </mx:Component>
        </mx:headerRenderer>
      </mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn>
    </mx:columns>