Thanks! That fixed most of my problems, and could fix my "sort arrow"
problem when I get to it.

But I'm having an absurd amount of trouble drawing a thick horizontal
line under the headers. The best I could do was add a Shape object to
the display list in the header renderer, but that had gaps in it
where the header separators were, and interacted very poorly with
word wrap.

Any ideas? Should I be overriding the AdvancedDataGrid's renderer?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Pan Troglodytes"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Check out the help for AdvancedDataGridHeaderRenderer.  That's what
the grid
> is using by default.  It should show all the styles there.  The
following
> code worked as expected:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
>   layout="vertical"
>   >
>   <mx:Script>
>     <![CDATA[
>       import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
>       [Bindable] private var d:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection
([
>         {value: 1, summaryRow:false},
>         {value: 2, summaryRow:false},
>         {value: 3, summaryRow:false},
>         {value: 4, summaryRow:false},
>         {value: 5, summaryRow:false},
>         {value: 6, summaryRow:false},
>         {value: 21, summaryRow:true}
>       ]);
>     ]]>
>   </mx:Script>
>
>   <mx:AdvancedDataGrid dataProvider="{d}" height="100%">
>     <mx:columns>
>       <mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn dataField="value"
headerText="title">
>         <mx:headerRenderer>
>           <mx:Component>
>             <mx:AdvancedDataGridHeaderRenderer