Can you repro yourself?  Use some tool to generate a 150DPI image and see if
Flex can show it.  Then add thumbnails, etc until it dies?

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul
Hastings
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:39 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] flex not displaying JPEG images

we have an app that manages (among other things) almost 10k images. works a
treat but a few days ago we had the app hang after users displayed some images
they uploaded. from these images' EXIF data it turns out they had been massaged
in photoshop (CS2), had thumbnails embedded & had DPI of 150. flex will display
the images if we convert to PNG but no other futzing around we do server side in
coldfusion (cfimage) or client side in flex seems to make these images
displayable in flex.

the images are simply being loaded from the server into a popup ala:

img.doubleClickEnabled=true;
img.addEventListener(MouseEvent.DOUBLE_CLICK,imgClick);
img.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,imgComplete);
img.load(imageName);
img.toolTip=currentSampleID+" ("+imageType+") : "+toolTipStr;
img.setStyle("removedEffect", imageRemovedEffect);
PopUpManager.addPopUp(img,this,true);

anybody seen this before? is it the DPI (the other gazillion working images are
all 96 DPI)? is there a workaround short of converting to PNG (we want to keep
the image "original" as much as possible)?

thanks.