Alex Harui wrote:
> Can you repro yourself?  Use some tool to generate a 150DPI image and
> see if Flex can show it.  Then add thumbnails, etc until it dies?

sort of. we thought we had id-ed 3 things different from the other working
images:

- 150 DPI
- ICC Profile
- embedded thumbnails

a kind soul w/photoshop expertise stripped out the ICC Profile (and double
checked that these images were indeed 8 bits/channel) as well as reducing the
DPI to 72 (not exactly sure about that as the EXIF data still says 150DPI but
the image's properties says 72DPI). didn't help.

we used cfimage to convert to PNG then back again to JPEG which looked liked it
croaked the thumbnail (not 100% sure) & reduced the DPI to 96. flex still hung
when we loaded the roundtripped JPEG images. tried the same thing w/fireworks,
no joy.

converting to PNG seems to be the only way to display these images.

created a 150DPI PEG image in fireworks & it too killed flex (can't tell if it
also embedded a thumbnail). ditto for a 96 DPI image. based on this maybe it's
an embedded thumbnail (if fireworks does indeed embed them) as the DPI seemed
have no effect. though we thought the JPEG-->PNG-->JPEG round trip w/cfimage
should have lost those???

btw the client is using a 3.0 SDK compiled version while we're running 3.1, no
difference. both are running 9.x flash players.

thanks.