Hello all,
I could use some advice on a Flex design. I am needing to
create a form, a rather lengthy one, using Flex. I was thinking of
starting with a Flex Component, in particular a Custom component based
on the Form component.
In particular, it will have this:
<mx:Form xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
<mx:FormItem label="First Name:">
<mx:TextInput id="firstName"/>
</mx:FormItem>
<mx:FormItem label="Your Company or Organization:">
<mx:TextInput id="lastName" width="184"/>
</mx:FormItem>
</mx:Form>

So, I'm wondering about some other ways of wrapping and presenting all
of this.
1) The form tag is required, is it not? And the FormItem tag? I know
there are other layout options but there must be these tags, or am I
mistaken?
2) Assuming that is true, then all the fields, labels, form elements
and the submit button must be inside the same Form tag, correct?
3) If the form is long, how would I use either Accordion features, or
view states or something else to allow easier presentation of
different segments of the form? In other words, I don't want this
going on for 20+ items, including TextAreas, as that could be long.
4) Most importantly, I have a php application that takes the form data
and prepares it to be emailed and then emails the user responses to 2
email addresses specified in the code. How do I make the data and
make it available to the php form processor? Does the id correspond
to the name attribute in an html form?
I think I use HTTPService to do this somehow but I could use
help, please.
I do know how to Validate the data using Flex, I just need to be
able to take that form input fields and checkboxes, etc. and send it
to the php application for it to be processed and emailed.
Lastly, would ColdFusion work better with this than PHP?
Thanks,
Bruce