At the risk of sounding too ignorant, do you mean put the tabs within
the Form tag/class?  I guess you would have to do it that way to make
sure it is all part of the same form, so that after they go through
all the form fields, either by going from one accordion area or tab
area to the next, everything needs to be kept and then sent to the one
form processor.

You don't want to lose the data when moving between accordion areas or
tab areas (what's the best word for this instead of tab areas, tab
containers, accordion containers, I guess).  I suppose there is no
reason why one couldn't have multiple containers within the same Form
component, right?
Bruce

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro Sena" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think that the best way to make a long form is structure it like a
wizard.

> Like was said, divide it into logical groups and make it sequential,
using
> tabs to group the logical groups would be nice too.
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> Regards,
>
> PS
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Howard Fore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >   On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 11:46 PM, brucewhealton <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> So, I'm wondering about some other ways of wrapping and
presenting all
> >> of this.
> >> 1) The form tag is required, is it not? And the FormItem tag? I know
> >> there are other layout options but there must be these tags, or am I
> >> mistaken?
> >

> > Um, required for what? The form/formitem/formheading elements are
AFAIK
> > just there to give you some easy graphical structure for a form
type screen.
> > That's it.
> >

> >> 2) Assuming that is true, then all the fields, labels, form elements
> >> and the submit button must be inside the same Form tag, correct?
> >

> > I think FormItem and FormHeading have to be in a Form but that's it.
> >

> >> 3) If the form is long, how would I use either Accordion features, or
> >> view states or something else to allow easier presentation of
> >> different segments of the form? In other words, I don't want this
> >> going on for 20+ items, including TextAreas, as that could be long.
> >

> > Break the questions into logical groups, then put then in different
> > sections of the accordion.
> >

> >> Lastly, would ColdFusion work better with this than PHP?
> >

> > While I'm a ColdFusion programmer professionally, I'm certain that
you can
> > do what you want with PHP. I'm unclear of the methods available to
PHP to
> > pipe data back and forth (other than HTTPService, which would
treat your PHP
> > page as a webservice I think). There are some neat things that you
can do
> > with CF and the Flash Remoting capabilities that Adobe has built
for it but
> > I don't see that those would be requirements for what you've set
out here.

> > --
> > Howard Fore, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > "The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it." - Jeff
Atwood