Actually you do, they are still taking the product out for a few more
test spins before it goes fully mainstream (which i will watch with a
keen eye aswell hehe).

In all honesty, its a hard one to forcast. Microsoft have a lot of
devoted developers to the point where it may be a registered religion
in a few countries.

If they go the approach of giving the IDE away for free and let the
minions develop until they have taken over the world, it could be a
force to rekon with. I still think FLEX has a much more positive
approach, mainly again as the people who wrote FLASH player have the
right to tweak/poke/pull/molest flash player to suite any wild ideas
they conjure with FLEX.

That being said, Flex has this nice attack power, whereby it can run
an application on any platform/device that can't be said for the
future of avalon *yet*. I'm pro FLEX, but at the very least i think it
will heat things up some more ( i honestly did not expect
Vista/Longhorn O/S to kick in until at min next year..so it cought me
by suprise).

It may put some pressure on FLEX price model, as its been said over
and over, Flash UI concept in general isn't as widely accepted and
requires initial prooving ground - Microsoft, kind of has a pretty
damn powerful brand.

Hard to say, earlier this question / concept was asked of the list and
my overall summary was "pft, longhorn..when they catchup it will be
long-in-the-tooth-horn"... now.. seeing how much traction they are
getting in PR alone... could be i was wrong (as if i am ever wrong
hehe).

I do like the look of vista..its damn purty and they have some nice
FREAKING UI concepts..did you all see that breadcrubs-pulldown
approach, been staring us in the face all this time. Oh and i get the
whole transparent chrome aswell, ie takes the focus off medoke visuals
and more on actionable *did i make that word up?* controls.

On 8/1/05, Sjors Pals <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You don't have to wait: http://www.xamlon.com/
>
> Greets,
>
> Sjors
>

> Tolulope Olonade wrote:
>
> > There have been clamours from the .Net developer fold for Macromedia
> > to make flex as native to .NET platform as well as it is with the java
> > platform.
> >
> > What do you think will happen when MS releases a platform that allow
> > .NET developers use the same Visual Studio.NET(2005 Maybe) + zero
> > licensing fees (it runs on Server 2003), to create applications that's
> > puts the kind of rich programming components jus like flex/flash ?
> >
> > Take a look here:
> >
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnlong/html/hgtomayavalonctp.asp
> >
> > What do you think will happen?

Regards,
Scott Barnes
http://www.mossyblog.com

 low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help
bridge the Digital Divide!</a>.</font>