Hi,
I miss led you a bit,
I use a css and I can eliminate the background color of the application to
white so I can see only the grid.
I set the height of the grid to 100% BUT not the width because I create the
colums dynamically and set width for each column.
in my mxml:
<script>
// this is the function the sets the columns
private function setColumnProperties(columnId:String,

columns:Object):AdvancedDataGridColumn{
        var tableColumn:TableColumn = columns[columnId] as TableColumn;
        var dgc:AdvancedDataGridColumn = null;
        if(tableColumn.visible){

        dgc = new AdvancedDataGridColumn();
        dgc.dataField = columnId;
        dgc.width = tableColumn.width;
        dgc.headerText = tableColumn.header;
        dgc.sortable = tableColumn.sortable;
        }
        return dgc;

}
</script>
<mx:AdvancedDataGrid id="adg"  styleName="grid" height="100%"
                folderClosedIcon="{null}" folderOpenIcon="{null}"
defaultLeafIcon="{null}"
                paddingBottom="0" paddingLeft="0" paddingRight="0"
paddingTop="0"

The result I get is the grid with horizontal scroll bar (because the
application width is greater then my grid)
turning the scroll bar off doesnt solve the issue that the app is greater in
width then my grid, why cant I match the width size of the app and the grid?

I hope I'm understud :)