Big Picture: I'm trying to recreate the dynamic search interface in search
coders app.  I think it will be a great base for an sql front end.

I can create combo-box's dynamically via the button.  However, I want as much
configuration as possible to come from a database (so I can change my app
without going through all the red-tape of change control). Sooo... I need to
create the ComboBox when the the button is pressed but THEN (here is the
question):  I need it to execute a function, conn.getData(), in order to have
the ComboBox populated.  In mxml, I would use creationComplete.  However,
actionscript does not seem to have this method for ComboBox. What do I use?

I've searched the methods for ComboBox but nothing is jumping out at
me....except maybe initialized. Are the 3 phases of layout done before the call
to a dataprovider (if I want the data at creationcomplete)?

(Yes, I'm working through my flex authority issues too).

And, while I'm at it, what would be the best method -- via actionscript-- for
completely removing the ComboBox (and putting it out for garbage collection) if
the minus button is pressed?