Maciek,

Thanks for steering me straight on this. That worked! Its also very cool that I
can add so many eventlisteners to just about any object that I want (very
powerful).

Now, I have a question about moving my remote object out of mxml and into
actionscript.  But I'll post that in a new thread.

thanks!
brad