You could also restrict the character glyphs in your embedded font to
reduce the size taken up by the font.

This can be done by specifying the unicodeRange property in CSS:

@font-face
{
  src:url("/embed_assets/fonts/Inconsolata-ani.otf");
  font-family: "mycodefont";
  unicodeRange: U+0041-U+005A,
  U+0061-U+007A,
  U+0030-U+0039,