Hi,

You may have other versions of the FlashPlayer - I found lots of
versions when I had trouble - Firefox an IE use different programs.
The uninstaller should be used, not the control panel:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
This may not be the latest version.

Anggie Bratadinata over at flash_ti...@yahoogroups.com posted about this
uninstaller, you might try that.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Also, change between IE, Firefox, or standalone (html off) to see if
another debugger helps.
Try searching the registry for flashplayer to see if any others exist
and consider renaming them.

Perhaps it's an issue to do with the local connection.
Presumably you are hitting F11 to debug.

John