Vamsi,

< flex builder 3.0
My Flex Builder was updated to 3.02 some time ago.
Such an update might cure link problems with the system but I suspect your code
is picking up something that won't run in the debugger.

I suspect that your SWF is not getting built properly.
Your build process may not be using the code you think it is.
Try a version of your SWF that has almost nothing in it.
Start to add back content to the point where it fails.
Comment out everything, including variable that load symbols etc.,
Just have the very first class with one line in it - perhaps just to set a
variable.
Try to step through that.

You might try out a decompiler to see if your code contains the modules you
think it does.

By the way, I found FlashPlayers here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS4\Players\Release
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS4\Players\Debug
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS4\Players

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Flex Builder 3 Plug-in\Player\10\win
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Flex Builder 3 Plug-in\Player\win

The file NPSWF32.DLL is also used in some cases (Firefox?)
When I ran the msdos command line window and did a dir npswf32 /s >files.txt
I found that the collected entries in files.txt were numerous - i.e. possibly
unused versions sprinkled about.

John